Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (“Altisource” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: ASPS), a leading provider of mortgage, financial and technology services for the real estate industry. We utilize the latest technologies to provide “best in class” services related to real estate and mortgage portfolio management solutions which improve our clients’ performance and maximize their returns. We are seeking energetic, highly skilled self-starters who thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. We can offer you a fast-paced and driven working environment with challenging work and great colleagues as well as career development opportunities.
The Company is an industry thought-leader in the application of economic principles to borrower behavior. This is accomplished through reliance on theory, research methodology and advanced statistical analysis.
Altisource is expanding its fulfillment operations division. There are currently 3 areas in this division, and each is focused on creating value-adding intellectual property delivered via customizable technology products and/or a professional services model. The Underwriter will report directly to the Underwriting Manager of fulfillment operations and will serve as underwriter in either Third Party Quality Control, Correspondent Lending or Underwriting Services area.
- Responsible for underwriting correspondent loans on both a delegated and non-delegated basis.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all current underwriting guidelines, federal and state lending laws and have the ability to comprehensively explain all to others within and outside the organization.
- Interpret credit policy guidelines and investor guidelines and apply them to specific loans for effective sale in the secondary market.
- Perform required analysis of property appraisal to ensure subject properties meet the company’s appraisal criteria.
- Effectively and quickly communicate any areas of concern with a loan file to Client Relationship Managers and be available to discuss with Originator as necessary.
- Responsible for properly documenting all decisions to ensure each underwritten file meets the company’s credit quality criteria and individual loan product guidelines.
- Issue approvals and declinations after first searching all avenues within available credit programs to determine the best fit for the applicant.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Effectively partner with Loan Set Up, Compliance Reviewers, Funders, Client Relationship Manager, and other operations to ensure smooth and efficient processing of all loans in the pipeline.
- Communicate with and train offshore associates on specific job functions to ensure processes and standards are delivered.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and professionalism.
Key Result Areas:
- Meet or exceed productivity standard for new submissions/underwritten per day
- Achieve 100% acceptable rating from Quality Control reviews.
- Loan performance at or below market averages
- High school graduate required with Bachelor’s degree or additional advanced training/education preferred
- 5 years’ experience underwriting agency loans with current FHA Direct Endorsement certification preferred.
- Have working knowledge of DU/LP/AUS, FHA Connection and Total Scorecard.
- Be familiar with FHA Handbooks and Mortgagee Letters.
- Be able to recognize and act on both departmental and company priorities.
- Be proficient in Microsoft applications and open to learning and applying new software applications quickly.
- Kentucky Mortgage Loan Originator License Preferred.
- Must have the ability to obtain State and National Mortgage Loan Origination License within 90 days of employment.
Please email resumes for consideration to Megan Vonderheid, email@example.com.
(Job posted 4/14/2016)
When positions are filled, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can remove the job opening from this page.